Wednesday 1 December 2010

friends! we need to revive this baby!

Hello loooves! I am sad that we have fallen off the wagon in terms of this blog. Luckily, I still talk to most of you all regularly so I know you're alive and well, but some of you I haven't heard from in ages! Let's get back to it, ladies and gent!

I am writing to you from the deep south, lovely Nashville, TN. Maybe going to stop by Cookeville and visit Rachey's brother this weekend, and then onward to stay with a friend in central Kentucky for a few days.

I'm going to be back in western Mass dec 9th (for Jess' bday!). Hopefully many of you can make it to the Valley for wine and cheese which is that Friday night...

Otherwise, not much else is going on. I've been bouncing around a lot since leaving the Vineyard in late October. NYC, a train halfway across the country to Minneapolis, a lovely stay with the amazing and wonderful Sammy Jo Ellingson! She was a great host, by the way, (duh) and you should all go visit her! seriously! Sioux Falls is cool too. Has an... interesting reggae scene... heheh. She even took me to the Little House on the Prairie, which was awesome but it was too cold to get out of the car and explore. Oh well, maybe next time I travel to the Artic, I'll go in the summertime!

Speaking of summer, I'm headed southbound this winter to the land where it is eternally summer: Ecuador! After the holidays, my mom and I will travel to the Andes and through the rainforest for 2 weeks, and then I'm staying on 3 weeks after she leaves to work for the same nonprofit I worked with before - replanting the rainforest! I am beyond excited... I have been wanting to go back ever since I spent time there 3 1/2 years ago! And when Delta gave me TWO $400 travel vouchers last week after messing up my return trip from South Dakota.... well, I just knew it was a sign!

I hope you are well and healthy and happy! and that everyone had a joyous Thanksgiving with your loved ones. I got to spend my Thanksgiving cooing over the newest addition to our family, the sweet tiny little Camila! tiny fingers! tiny toes! tiny everything! (although, I am cautious of the fact that last time I was home, I was super enthralled by this flock of tiny kittens we had running around the house. and this time, well they weren't so tiny anymore. and therefore, less appealing :/ its the sad truth, folks.)

lots of love!! Carmella

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the SD plug :)

    I knew you would put those tickets to good use! Great plan!

    ReplyDelete