Monday 25 May 2009

Life Post: The Beginning

"I’d like to fly off on a broom and to dance with other pagan witches in the forest to the light of the moon, invoking the might of the earth and forcing away demons, I want to become a wise old woman, to learn the ancient spells and secrets of healers. It’'s not something small that I want to achieve. Witches, like saints, are solitary stars that shine with their own light, they don’t depend on anything or anyone, which is why they lack fear and they can throw themselves blindly into the abyss with the certainty that instead of hitting the ground they will come out flying. They can convert themselves into birds to see the world from above or into worms to see the world from inside, they can exist in other dimensions and travel to other galaxies, they are navigators in an infinite ocean of consciousness and knowledge." - Isabel Allende


We are witches and we are birds and cats. Meow. Hi friends. This is the first post of the Post Chapman Blog, and I know we've (or, I've) talked a lot about it, but I wanted to explain why I had this idea. When practically everyone was abroad our Junior fall year, I remember feeling so friend-sick. And then, I would receive an email from Destry or Rachel or Megan. My face would lighten up and a surge of warmth-love would fill my body. Remember Beauty and the Beast, Disney's version? While the Beast was turning into the Prince and that light pierced his body from the inward outward? That's what I felt like, every time!! I want to glow everyday! So that's why.

Anyway so here is my life post: I'm sitting in bed eating a crab/artichoke/red pepper casserole I made from leftover Wine and Cheese ingredients. Cait is lying in my bed watching Matilda. Hannah is on my couch sending important emails. Carmzella is cleaning the kitchen. Jessie and Rosie are sleeping. I snuck a photo at the Carms and Jess sleeping this morning. It feels like another Saturday morning in Chapman, but without everyone, it feels more like visiting in this inbetween house. We're going to walk to Noho today and find the mystery swimming hole. And then when we get back, we're going to light incense all over the house to cleanse it or some spiritual Carmella shit. I still haven't heard about the job, but we'll know soon and I'll let everyone know!!!


Why is Jess wearing that on her hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment