Monday 10 May 2010

SO LONG

It's been since I posted, but I think about everyone almost daily and have a mental list of things I want to post. Anyway here's a snap shot of a few days, in the life of:

Two weekends ago, I went to my friend's uncle's birthday party out in hill country and it was as sparsely beautiful as it should be. Forests full of knotty trees gave way to dusty patches with bursts of yellow flowers. Their land is about 10 acres short of what it used to be because Samuel Beam bought half of it! Sam Beam is Iron and Wine (a Chapman fav) and apparently he hangs out with them a lot. My friend and I poked around and got a peak of his recording gazebo. And then later that night I saw Tallest Man on Earth which Carmella introduced me to.

This weekend was fun! My friend and I snuck into a closed, 'haunted' insane asylum. The cops found our illegally parked car so we meandered around until we found the highway to go back to our car which had been searched, but they let us off. Scary! On Saturday night, I had my birthday picnic/watch Shakespeare in the park. I don't know how many people go from almost getting arrested for trespassing to watching a Shakespeare play the next day. After that, I went back to my friend's co-op and my roommate's band was playing for some fundraiser and they dedicated a few songs to me and the whole party sang happy birthday. And then on my actual birthday, I was too hung over to do much so I farmer's marketed it and jammed out on my autoharp with some friends and went to dinner with Jake Maguire! Life is good, but it'll be better in a week when I get to see all your lovely faces!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome...I would give half of my face to meet Sam Beam!

    ReplyDelete