Thursday 11 February 2010

Not too much going on in my life. I was pumped for hopefully getting some snow, then we only got about an inch. Lame, lame, lame...how can I skip work if we don't get snow?

Other than that, I went to Georgia to visit UGA again, and there's a really, really good chance I'll end up there for a few years. Athens seems like a really cool town, very Northampton-esque but with three main streets instead of one, and a 60,000 person football stadium instead of Paradise Pond. But there are lots of hippies and record stores and soul food restaurants as well.

I like Carmella's idea about books and music, which is the mean reason I decided to make this post. I'm in the middle of two books: "Breath, Eyes, Memory" by Edwidge Danticat (on my quest to read everything she's written by the end of the academic year), and "Einstein" by Walter Isaacson, which is a fantastic biography. And I've been listening to lots of pretentious indie music, so I will leave you with two songs below.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment