Friday 1 January 2010

home & the nomads of capitalism

began my nomadics this week. peru came to me in the form of meli and violeta, and we saw the sights in philadelphia and nyc. after a blip in my new years plans, i found myself driving down the highway to dc-area to pass the holiday w scott, sara and their jubilant home-friends. on monday i'm headed to florida to see my mom's family and then carmella, sam, and chase. per normal, i feel uncomfortable in my supposed "home" and am anxious to be with the people who actually mean home to me... a little saddened that we'll all be on the move for the next few years, or forever, following the whims of capitalism, job markets, tho hopefully mostly our own passions... feeling a bit down about it, except when i'm listening to this song......

No comments:

Post a Comment