Tuesday 23 March 2010

THANK YOU!

Hello all you wonderful people!

Thanks so much for the fabulous birthday wishes. I heard from all of you today! (Except Rachel, who's off the hook because she's in the middle of the woods hanging out with bears and woodpeckers and other foresty creatures -- oh my god she's such a little Snow White right now, flitting about with blue jays all around her curly locks. Can't you see it? I'm so excited about this image.) Anyway, it was amazing to have contact with you all. By far the best part of my day was reconnecting with lots of people, both nearby and far-away. In fact, I heard from friends all around the globe! Amazing! Five continents! Cait in Costa Rica, Carmella in France, Hannah in Portugal, Sam in South Dakota, Jonah of the Zu in Jordan, others in Bolivia, Chile, Panama, England, the Sudan, Bangladesh, Denmark, China, and good old South Portland, Maine (or So Po Me)! Fabulous fabulous. Plus I got phone calls from all my immediate family members, and I started the day with Abu (my little Spanish grandmother) singing "Las Mananitas" to me early this morning. Can't be beat. Yay! 23 seems pretty good so far.

And! Obama passed health care on my birthday! This means we're all going to be healthy FOR EVER. Immortality, America. Yes.

2 comments:

  1. ooph! glad i was in the forest and off the hook because i'm terrible at remembering birthdays! looove you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all cool. I'm pretty sure I was drunk when I wrote this post.

    ReplyDelete