Sunday 4 July 2010

new things!

hi everyone, i know that posts are getting less and less frequent and that makes me sad, but i also know that it's due to the fact that everyone is so busy doing amazing swtuff ch is why I'm so in love with everyone in the first place. This is all to say that I miss you and hopefully I'll hear from all of you soon in some way -- phone, gchat status, carrier pigeon, etc. Anyway, here are a few new things with me:

1. Monty is coming to visit Austin as a part of his epic road trip. I'm very excited to show him Austin and also feel a little nearer to Destry. Hopefully some of Destry's Destry-essence will still be on Monty!

2. I think I'm going to train to become a paramedic because I'm apparently not very tolerant of desk jobs and I need something that gets my adrenaline going.

3. Today, Alese and her boyfriend and I went to San Antonio to visit the Alamo and the riverwalk, etc. It was really cute. The historic society had people dressed in period costumes and they were handing out slices of watermelon. That was half of our intention in visiting San Antonio. We also tried street performing. So I played my autoharp, Alese played the guitar, and Lucas played the harmonica, melodica, and the spoons. It was a very strange, strange experience. People were taking photos and videos since I suppose street performers are integral experiences to tourism. We also made 31 dollars and 45 cents! 29 singles and a lot of change. We also made a new friend, Jerry and his dog. Jerry is an amazing harmonica player who sat down with us when he saw us play and played the entire set with us. He actually made the most money because he is actually good... And has a really cute labradoodle. He was there for the 75th anniversary of Alcoholics Anonymous. The International AA hosted a conference in San Antonio, and brought a very diverse crowd. It was weird to see so many people yet so many empty bars.

4. I bought a mood ring and it makes me very happy.

5. My mom gave me a magic bullet food processor so I'm excited to experiment with it. My latest food experiment was hollowing out a tomato and cracking an egg into it and baking it in the oven. It turned out... interesting. Will try it again with modifications.

Hopefully I'll have pictures up of all these things! And hopefully I'll hear from you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment