Friday 2 October 2009

Recent life changes

1. I'm out of Maine. The time to leave came. I knew I had to go when I was sleeping until noon every day and watching three hours of TV a night. (Except I am going back to visit this weekend, yay!) Thus...
2. I came to Amherst! The obvious choice. Somehow being surrounded by productive college students has inspired me to move forward with my life. So I ...
3. Got a part time job! I will be working in a diner two days a week, serving up pancakes and home fries, and wearing a little black apron. (No hairnet, yes!) (My interview: "Do you have your own apron?" "Uh, no, is that a requisite for the job?") I am told by people like Ian David that I have to refer to my clients as "hon" and ask if they'd like the "regular". We'll see if it comes to that.
4. I might also work as a woman artist's personal assistant. She can't move her arms, or something. So I might help her, you know, feed her cats, or whatever it is that personal assistants (aka servants) do for other people.
5. All of this is just until my full time work rolls around.
6. In the meantime, I'm also apartment shopping, which is super fun. I like thinking, Is this where my future life will be? (Future, as in, beginning in the next two weeks.)
7. Life is good and the trees are beautiful in New England!

1 comment: