Sunday 27 December 2009

So lovely to hear everyone's holiday updates. I'm writing from my mom's kitchen table, full Christmas tree in front of us. Yes, we or, really, my mom still goes all-out with Holiday decorations. We've got Christmas kitsch everywhere -- nativity scenes, reindeers, stockings, Santa candy jars, Mrs. Santa salt shakers. The list goes on. I've become immune to it but I'm sure any of you would be sufficiently overwhelmed if you stepped into my house right now.

Maybe my mom's brilliant. Maybe all the Christmas crap actually gets us into the holiday spirit. My family's had a great couple of days together. Even after the five-hour present-opening marathon and mandatory holiday shopping (ie the obligatory trip to the LL Bean flagship store), we're still enjoying each other's company through wholesome activities. My siblings and I have played Setters of Catan, completed a Beatles puzzle, and successfully cooked dinner. Now my sister's playing the soundtrack to Cats on the piano, my grandmother's doing my older brother's laundry, and Harper just emerged from bed fully wrapped in the Snuggie that Julie's parents got for my mom for Christmas. A regular Leave it to Beaver scene, if there ever were one.

I got a cello bow and three cooking books for Christmas. Apparently everyone is aware that I now live in the real world! When any of you visit, I will be sure to prep for you vichyssoise, fried chicken in 20 minutes, or classic Maine-style blueberry pie, depending on your cook book of choice.

I heart you ladies and gent!

2 comments:

  1. OMGGGG ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY SETTLERS. MY FRIENDS IN DALLAS CAN'T GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER. WITHDRAWWWWALLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will play with you any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete