Sunday 20 December 2009

terrible weather in san diego too - partly cloudy

happy chrismukkah, people! every year my family gets lazier and lazier about hanukkah. when i was a kid, we had a legitimate menorah and candles every night. in the last few years, we lost our menorah and instead of shelling out a whopping $5 to buy a new one, we used a menorah-shaped window-cling sticker with little window-cling candles and flames. This year, we couldn't even find that, so my mom printed out a picture of a menorah whose flames we colored in with red pen each day.
and this is what happens when you let only mildly jewish athiests mate and raise children.we taped it to an oven-like object that hangs above our stove and the oven that we actually use. the converstation I *just* had with my parents concerning this oven:
ROSE: Hey dad, do we have two ovens?
Dad looks down at oven-that-we-use and up at hanukkah-oven, down, up, down.
DAD: I guess so.
ROSE: Mom, do we have two ovens?
MOM: Yeah.
ROSE: What is the top oven for?
MOM: I don't know, maybe its like a giant toaster.

Who let us run our own household?
Love, season's greetings, don't buy too much useless crap,
rosie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my family doing Christmas - last year, our "Christmas tree" was a 1.5-ft. tall plush Christmas tree on top of a coffee table.

    ReplyDelete