Friday 3 July 2009

chili in a bread bowl

Boston MA- Rose Abramoff landed early this week in Allston, the dirty hippie neighborhood near BU. Her apartment is pretty cool, though her room is not super big, the walls are blue and most of her stuff fits in it.

Have been working for a couple of days. Today me, my advisor, and the other two grad students went out to Concord to take water temperature samples. We had to hike through the backwoods, bogs, swamps, and goo. But it was the first sunny day in a while here and so was pretty enjoyable. We took a break with some delicious ice cream from a local joint in Concord.

Don't have too many 4th of July plans; we'll probably watch the fireworks over the river and listen to the boston pops. I ran into Steve Grigelevich in front of the Boston Public Library, and I think Becky might be here today (BECKY?? ARE YOU HERE??) And also some friends from home are coming up from RI to hang out with me tomorrow. Yayzers. At the moment, I'm sitting in a local cafe run by this sweet Syrian guy who makes a tasty iced mocha with delicious chocolate goo puddled in the bottom. Chris is buying groceries. We've been having a little bad luck trying to cook things, mostly the fault of spice-abuse and oven-neglect, but maybe tonight things will take a turn for the tasty.

I would post pictures, but my camera ran out of batteries today and I also haven't really taken many pictures in general (damn you, carmella!) but I will try.
ALSO MEGAN AND RACHEL...I want to go to Jacob's Pillow. I am thinking maybe whatever weekend Gallim Dance is playing? (they look interesting) or whenever. The only issue is that the commuter rail only goes as far as worcester. maybe we can get a zipcar because also I left my bike with carms and cait (SORRY CAIT, I just couldn't fit that ho in the car, I will come for it asap). but we can talk about this not in a blog post...heh. love to all and hope all is well, interesting, not too soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment