Tuesday 14 July 2009

Just to let you know...

...I do plan on posting one of these days. Here are my excuses: (1) I was in the rural south for about two weeks and hardly had internet access (or phone service. it was fun.) and (2) I've been waiting because I want to put up some pictures from the trip, because that would be more exciting than me just rambling on about the goings-on in my life. So...stay tuned.

Here are a few bullet points to sum up the last few weeks, when I failed to post:
-Sacred Harp camp in Alabama + singings surrounding it were awesome.
-I somehow didn't lose my voice even after singing every day for almost two weeks.
-I went skinnydipping in a spring in Virginia about 10 feet from where the water came out of the ground. The stars and fireflies were beautiful, and reminded me of similar nighttime dips in Florida. The water was about 40 degrees colder than in Florida.
-I'm trying to fill out all the adequate paperwork to get hired through UMass for the year, so I can get onto an actual salary instead of hourly nonsense, and so I can get my own health insurance.
-I have loads of field work lined up for the rest of the summer, which is exciting but makes life quite hectic.

Hopefully pictures to come soon! Then maybe I'll post on a Sunday again...

love!
Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment