Tuesday 14 July 2009

I have a job

so just now, I accepted a job in Austin, TX (you all should come and visit!). So, I'll be studying disaster relief on a state level, how legislation works to help a state prepare, respond to, and recover from a disaster. I'd be specifically working with religious communities, and translating that knowledge to them. When I didn't have a job, however, I was talking to Jeff Hall who's an Amherst alum and runs a program in Sierra Leone. I called him to tell him about this other job and he suggested that I would have a really good shot at a new position he's opening up in Minneapolis. I would be almost running his Sierra Leone program from Minneapolis, working closely with Jeff and the executive director, "very entrepreneurial", Jeff says. Anyway, I have been going back and forth, but decided on the Austin job. I hope I made the right decision...

On the other hand, before the job starts, I'll be in Boston July 30th to August 3rd, New York August 3rd - 16th, Amherst 16th - 20th (or so). Let me know who'll be where!

No comments:

Post a Comment