Monday 6 July 2009

Woops

Hi Friends,

Sorry about that last post. I wrote the title and then realized I had 5 seconds left of internet time at this silly cafe and no actual opportunity to update you on real life. Anyway, Monty and I have made it to Paris and moved into our apartment, which is just the right size. We have mostly been wandering around the city, which, of course, is exactly what we intended to do all summer anyway, so it's just about perfect. Plus my French is getting better. (My favorite French phrase that I've learned is "Quelle salade!", which means "What a crock of shit!", or, literally "What a salad!" I'm told by a French friend that this is extremely outdated. Hilarious nonetheless.) We've also seen a lot of Graham McKee, who's hanging out here for the month.

I have to say that right now I have an all-around satisfied feeling about life. Maybe Paris does that to you in the summertime. I'm sure low-level euphoria is the product of vast amounts of bread, wine, and Vermeer intake. The only complaint, and this is Monty's too, is friends-missing. Graham is a small but unsatisfactory taste of Amherst.

My quest for today is to figure out the free-bikes system in Paris. We were sent on a scavenger hunt on Saturday trying to figure out how to enroll, until someone blankly told us to give up because it was the weekend, bien sur. So today is the bicycle day.

I am also weakly trying to figure out a job come-September while I'm here. I think I'm making progress. Will let you know.

More soon. Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment