Friday 18 September 2009

Needles!

Hi Loves --

I know it's been a while... but here I am! I am wearing scrubs and sitting in my dining room... when I should be constructing some sort of sandwich-like lunch... I have been perpetually late to school (my usual 5 min) since its beginning, and I'm not sure when this will change. Perhaps I should make it a Sept 18 resolution?

I'm sure you've all heard, but things have been a little crazy around here with the terrible murder of Annie Le, a yale med student, who was found in the building next to ours. Lots of caution tape, police, news vans, and pushy reporters -- everyone has seemed relieved that they figured out who did it, but it's sad too...

Anyways, today, I am going to stick real people with needles! Can't believe it. A group of 34 of us are getting on a bus from school to Rocky Hill, CT, where they have a free health care day for vets. So I will be administering PPD (tuberculosis) tests, which involves giving a subcutaneous (under the skin) injection, taking blood pressures (I am terrible at this), and washing feet?! Ha!

In the interest of not missing the bus, I must go! BUT: I WILL ALSO BE IN AMHERST TOMORROW! Not until lateish, because I have my first real day of clinical tomorrow, but because Milo is DJing at UMass. COME! Can't wait to see whoever's around!

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment