Tuesday 1 September 2009

so long sweet summer?

what?! it's freaking september? i can't really complain and say - already!? - cause it's been a luxuriously long summer so far (and it's not even over yet!). in fact, i get to enjoy it until next tuesday when classes finally start up around here. yep!

I got back from Oregon late Friday night and I am so grateful for Rachel and Romain who so graciously came all the way out to boston to pick me up. portland was fantastical, as was to be expected. it was so wonderful to reconnect with the people and the land, and i think i fell in love with the farm all over again. everyday a new adventure, a new skill to learn, a new path to take in the woods... I'm pretty convinced that Portland is where I need to be, hopefully in the near-ish future!

As lovely and slow-paced as my week on the farm was, life has taken off at full speed since my return. FOOT training, planning, and organizing - meetings, meetings, meetings. and then moving moving moving. moving out of my north amherst house, into the zu (feels so good to be back!), chapman storage, newport storage, heaving becky's unweildly mattress down our tiny staircase... it's been a lot of heavy lifting and I'm downright exhausted. the thought of hiking for three days in the berkshires with 7 little freshies is not so appealing to me at the moment... i think a nap is definitely in order. but first, some pictures!



me & myrtle!!



the view of the garden from above

1 comment:

  1. carmella resting? what?! i've never heard of such a thing...aren't there mountains to climb or ponds to kayak through? :) btw i read on cnn that there are pot farmers rampant in the applachian mountains who are heavily armed so another thing to avoid on your journey. i'm going to email you soon...teach those freshman what wilderness survival is all about!

    ps how do you post on this thing? i have a yummmy chocolate whiskey cake recipe i want to share:)

    loveeeee,
    sam

    ReplyDelete