Wednesday 10 June 2009

Negligent blogger

Hi friends,

I am so terribly sorry for having missed my day last week. This post will have to serve for both this and last Friday. I have actually tried to post a few times from Monty's iPhone and it hasn't worked! Very frustrating. But I have kept up with reading and love hearing everybody's news.

All is wonderful here. I am in Nice with Monty after jumping through Valencia, Sevilla, Paris, St Emilion and Sarlat. The last two are tiny medieval towns in rural wine country of southern France. So so lovely. We have been museum going, wine tasting, bike riding, picknicking, getting caught in rain storms, and riding lots of trains. So far it has been just the break I needed to clear my head after senior year and graduation. I do catch myself thinking about you guys a lot though -- did I say that last time? -- and missing Amherst.

In other news, I am fairly certain that I did not get into the Spain year-long teaching program. I think admissions was rolling and I sent my application in significantly later than other applicants. Same goes for Monty. Oh well. For now I get to think about where I want to be in the US and what I want to do! Haven't yet heard about the job in Holyoke -- should know soon -- but am starting to feel more and more drawn to New York. (Could this have something to do with Selena's post? Seems very likely, doesn't it?) I'll keep you posted (hah, literally) as I know and when I can. From here it's on to Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands.... and eventually Paris.

Loooooooooooooooooooooove.

No comments:

Post a Comment