Monday 1 June 2009

on the road again

Hello pretties, it's so lovely to have this blog to look forward to and know that each time I check, there's more than likely going to be news from one of my favorite girls in the world. What a lucky treat! We'll never be apart! everrrrrrr.
okay. Anyway, I'm sitting in my new humble abode, in a sweet little room on the second floor of a pretty white house on Montague Road, 92 montague rd. to be exact. I've only been here since yesterday (hey, I had to milk Chapman for allll it was worth - I just couldn't leave, and who can blame me!) but it's been a nice stay so far. Something about the way the wind whips around the yard, or the way the birds chirp outside my window. I can't explain it but it feels right, you know? (although, it would feel better if I could see your pretty faces in this scene!) There's a park across the street with baseball and basketball games everyday, and Puffer's is a short bike ride away. There's a porch to watch the summer storms roll by and a big tree swing in the yard. I can't complain. except... well I'll get to the complaining in a minute.

As a sidestory, I went to Reunion this weekend! I've never attended and I'm glad I was well enough to get out of bed (finally!) and make it to some of the lectures and events (and parties!). My favorite activity was people-watching all weekend, seeing old friends catch up on life as their kids ran around the freshman quad making trouble. There were some skeezballs and lotsa oldies and tons of cuties and everything in between. I went to this talk given by a couple from Class of '89 who now own and run their own dairy farm just 35 minutes away in the Berkshires (Sidehill Farm). It was crazy because I see them sell their yogurt every weekend at the farmer's market and I never realized they were Amherst alums. It was pretty awesome to hear their story, and they were such a sweet adorable couple - ah! All they did was talk about their cows and how they each have their own personality quirks and whatnot. Adorbs. Sat night, bluesox alums performed and of course the Zumbyes too, and then everyone hit the tents. Pete and Jay (a band formed of amherst alums who I'm sure a lot of you have seen play before) played for the class of 2004 tent and that was the most happening party of the night, for sure. Alums from all the other tents flocked over to groove and jam with us young folk, and it was pretty hilarious. Anyway, all in all a good weekend - what a trip to get a glimpse of us in 5, 10, 50, or 65 (!) years.

Otherwise, my complaints. Well, it's just one, and it's pretty dumb. Like I said before, I'm all settled into my life here at 92 Montague road. I have a porch godammit. But does that really ensure anything? stability? no! I leave for Boston tomorow, and then, I'll be on the open road of adventure once again. I'm almost not ready to leave so soon, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get out there! The bags are packed, I'm ready to go. Next time I post I'll be in California with Rosiepants and then off to another shore, another ocean, another adventure. Until then, happy travels to all you munchkins out there who are heading out on your own adventures, wherever they may take you this week.

ready for flight,
kisses from Carmella

PS I've left you all a present on facebook, in the form of a photo update! <3

1 comment:

  1. you´ve been sick ???? and how´s becky doing ?

    love

    ReplyDelete